Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

So ready for the weekend.

Happy Friday!

This week has been ISATs in my classroom, which is the big Illinois standardized test. I have not been teaching all week. One would think that it's been a nice little break, but quite the opposite! I have to administer the tests to my kids, and then they are in my classroom for the rest of the day. I'm not supposed to be teaching any new material, or even review material (to help give the kiddos a brain break), but filling a day is hard without doing anything new!

I guess this is how I know I'm in the right job, as burned out as I can feel and as I have been feeling recently--when I actually want to do my job!

That being said, I've been keeping the kids busy with games and Disney movies. I'm very ready to go back to real teaching, even if that includes lesson plans and grading and paperwork!

---

All that being said, I am SO ready for this weekend, SO ready for spring break (first week of April!), and absolutely looking forward to the summer.

Bryan and I scored tickets to not one, but TWO of the Cubs vs. Red Sox games at Wrigley Field. We live about a fifteen-minute walk away from Wrigley, I'm a huge Cubs fan, and my husband is a huge Red Sox fan (and a very good Cubs fan every time they're not playing his beloved Red Sox). We'll be treating my parents for my mom's birthday/Father's Day to one of the games, which will be perfect. Those games are the weekend that school gets out, too--what a perfect way to kick off the summer!


That very same weekend, Bryan and I will also be going to see Aziz Ansari do standup! I love him on Parks and Recreation, and his standup, "Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening," is one of my all-time favorites. I can't wait to see him live!

With that first weekend, summer's off--more Cubs games, eating on Chicago patios, more concerts, summer blockbusters, Lollapalooza, and a possible anniversary trip with the husband!

---

But we're not quite there yet. Still a few more months of school to go. So I'll settle for looking forward to this weekend--dinner and staying over at my parents' house in the suburbs tonight, then a relaxing Saturday and Sunday with the husband with some glorious weather in the 50s and 60s!

What are you up to this weekend? Planning for this summer yet?

7 comments:

  1. Your post made me so happy! But it also made me miss Chicago soooo much! Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you've almost been married a YEAR already?! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Crazy! It has gone by so fast!

      Delete
  3. Omg, you are a teacher in Chcago too!! I teach first grade you can check out my teaching blog at www.thirstforfirst1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live 15 minutes from Wrigley? I AM SO JEALOUS. Huge baseball fan and would love to go to Wrigley one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sad to say, we don't take advantage of it enough, but this summer, we'll definitely be taking some good walks over that direction!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...