Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving break--almost!


Thanksgiving break starts at 1:45 today!


Also, this may be the first time ever in my 25 years that I haven’t had the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off from school.
The thing is, I don’t really mind.
Sure, a day off of cleaning and laundry and movies and video games would be lovely. And spending some time in the suburbs eating and laughing will be beyond wonderful.
But aside from my family and husband, the thing I am most thankful for this year is a job, while definitely not perfect, where I haven’t spent the last month counting down the days and the hours until break. Waiting desperately and sometimes tearfully for a break.
So I’m off to teach the kiddos. We get to wear hats today, too! And we get to play Thanksgiving games and word searches and read about why Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird.
(But yes, I’m excited to get a shorter day today. I can still be thankful for that, right?)
Happy Thanksgiving break to those for whom it’s already begun. I’m going to go hang out with some fourth graders for a few hours first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...